[scribus] InDesign
Jackson Snyder
2018-10-21 05:35:45 UTC
Hello - I'm having to publish some books that were created with InDesign.
Is Scribus compatible - may I just load in the drafts and convert to say
PDF or something else? Or can I use them directly n Scribus. Newbie
here. Thank you.
See also:
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
JLuc
2018-10-21 06:44:01 UTC
Post by Jackson Snyder
Hello - I'm having to publish some books that were created with InDesign.
Is Scribus compatible - may I just load in the drafts and convert to say
PDF or something else? Or can I use them directly n Scribus. Newbie
here. Thank you.
Scribus imports In Design produced IDML format files,
but resulting scribus document is far from perfect and requires tweaks afterward.

Scribus also imports In Design PDF produced files.
Resulting scribus document looks as desired, (all the more when you use scribus 1.5.4)
but text is now considered as vector shapes, not glyphs, which prevent text edit.

JL

___
Scribus Mailing List: ***@lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
Se
Gregory Pittman
2018-10-21 13:47:12 UTC
Post by JLuc
Post by Jackson Snyder
Hello - I'm having to publish some books that were created with InDesign.
Is Scribus compatible - may I just load in the drafts and convert to say
PDF or something else?  Or can I use them directly n Scribus.  Newbie
here.  Thank you.
Scribus imports In Design produced IDML format files,
but resulting scribus document is far from perfect and requires tweaks afterward.
Scribus also imports In Design PDF produced files.
Resulting scribus document looks as desired, (all the more when you use scribus 1.5.4)
but text is now considered as vector shapes, not glyphs, which prevent text edit.
What I have done sometimes is to export text from Adobe Reader from the
original PDF, then use and edit that in Scribus.

Greg

___