[scribus] increase tool icons size?
Terrie Noll
2012-10-21 21:42:53 UTC
Hi-

I've just installed Scribus and have spent the last hour looking for a way to increase the size of the tool icons. The app seems great but it's hard to use because the tool icons are too small for me to see. Usually one can place text below the icon to describe them. I can't find a way to tweak interface. I'd appreciate some help. I'm already wearing glasses : )

Terrie
Gregory Pittman
2012-10-21 22:08:18 UTC
Post by Terrie Noll
Hi-
I've just installed Scribus and have spent the last hour looking for a way to increase the size of the tool icons. The app seems great but it's hard to use because the tool icons are too small for me to see. Usually one can place text below the icon to describe them. I can't find a way to tweak interface. I'd appreciate some help. I'm already wearing glasses : )
There really isn't a way to do this. Even if you change the size of the
icons PNG files, they will come out the same.

If we can manage to get the official release of 1.4.2, there is the
addition of labels (tooltips) that show up on mouse hover for the
various tool icons that has been added, which should be of help in your
case.

Theoretically, reducing screen resolution would work, but I imagine you
don't want to do that.

Greg
Terrie Noll
2012-10-21 22:36:54 UTC
Hi Greg-

Quick response!
... looking for a way to increase the size of the tool icons ...
There really isn't a way to do this. Even if you change the size of the icons PNG files, they will come out the same.
If we can manage to get the official release of 1.4.2, there is the addition of labels (tooltips) that show up on mouse hover for the various tool icons that has been added
Tool tips already show up after some delay (Mac) but they also are too small. Working on a 13" Air. That's all I've got. I'm sure an iMac would work better.

Thanks,

Terrie
a.l.e
2012-10-22 11:47:39 UTC
hi terrie
Post by Terrie Noll
Hi Greg-
Quick response!
... looking for a way to increase the size of the tool icons ...
There really isn't a way to do this. Even if you change the size of the icons PNG files, they will come out the same.
If we can manage to get the official release of 1.4.2, there is the addition of labels (tooltips) that show up on mouse hover for the various tool icons that has been added
Tool tips already show up after some delay (Mac) but they also are too small. Working on a 13" Air. That's all I've got. I'm sure an iMac would work better.
you could write down on paper the shortcuts to be used for each button
(and eventually define the missing shortcuts for the tools you use) and
use those shortcuts instead of clicking on the buttons...

after a short while you will notice that you don't use those buttons
anymore...

ciao
a.l.e
Terrie Noll
2012-10-22 16:44:41 UTC
you could write down on paper the shortcuts to be used for each button (and eventually define the missing shortcuts for the tools you use) and use those shortcuts instead of clicking on the buttons...
Good idea and faster too!

Terrie