[scribus] Text overflow question
Benedek Péter
2018-07-05 20:47:40 UTC
Hi everyone.
Please help me.

Please look the sample file:
https://mega.nz/#F!QEJR3QJY!JmiI5GoZsyreQ2_4Xou8nA

In the Scribus 22496 (Ubuntu 16.04) no text overflow. In the Scribus
22589 (Ubuntu 18.04) the text is overflow.
I watched the Scribs bug reports
(https://www.scribus.net/websvn/log.php?repname=Scribus&path=%2Ftrunk%2FScribus%2F&isdir=1&),
but I can not find a related ticket.
What changed? It is correct behavior?

Regards
Peter

___
Scribus Mailing List: ***@lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
See also:
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
Gregory Pittman
2018-07-05 21:37:07 UTC
Post by Benedek Péter
Hi everyone.
Please help me.
https://mega.nz/#F!QEJR3QJY!JmiI5GoZsyreQ2_4Xou8nA
In the Scribus 22496 (Ubuntu 16.04) no text overflow. In the Scribus
22589 (Ubuntu 18.04) the text is overflow.
I watched the Scribs bug reports
(https://www.scribus.net/websvn/log.php?repname=Scribus&path=%2Ftrunk%2FScribus%2F&isdir=1&),
but I can not find a related ticket.
What changed? It is correct behavior?
A little hard to be sure, since the magnification of the images is
different, but in the second one, it seems the spacing between letters
is larger; I can't tell about font size. The spaces seem wider too.

Take a good look at all the font settings to make sure they're
identical. Could the font have changed?

Greg

___
http:/
benedek
2018-07-06 05:02:18 UTC
Hi Greg.

Thank you for checking.

Yes, everything is the same.

I opened same file in Scribus 22496 and 22589 (Ubuntu 18.04).
I uploaded this: https://mega.nz/#F!QEJR3QJY!JmiI5GoZsyreQ2_4Xou8nA

Something happened with the spaces or hyphenations.

Regards

Peter
Post by Gregory Pittman
Post by Benedek Péter
Hi everyone.
Please help me.
http://wiki.sc
benedek
2018-07-06 05:06:21 UTC
Hi Greg.

Thank you for checking.

Yes, everything is the same.

I opened same file in Scribus 22496 (Ubuntu 16.04) and 22589 (Ubuntu

Post by benedek
Hi Greg.
Thank you for checking.
Yes, everything is the same.
I opened same file in Scribus 22496 and 22589 (Ubuntu 18.04).
I uploaded this: https://mega.nz/#F!QEJR3QJY!JmiI5GoZsyreQ2_4Xou8nA
Something happened with the spaces or hyphenations.
Regards
Peter
Post by Gregory Pittman
Post by Benedek Péter
Hi everyone.
Please help me.
[...]
--------- k�vetkez� r�sz ---------
Egy csatolt HTML �llom�ny �t lett konvert�lva...
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
___
http://forums.scribus.net
Ralf Mattes
2018-07-06 08:02:04 UTC
Post by Gregory Pittman
Post by Benedek Péter
Hi everyone.
Please help me.
https://mega.nz/#F!QEJR3QJY!JmiI5GoZsyreQ2_4Xou8nA
In the Scribus 22496 (Ubuntu 16.04) no text overflow. In the Scribus
22589 (Ubuntu 18.04) the text is overflow.
I watched the Scribs bug reports
(https://www.scribus.net/websvn/log.php?repname=Scribus&path=%2Ftrunk%2FScribus%2F&isdir=1&),
but I can not find a related ticket.
What changed? It is correct behavior?
A little hard to be sure, since the magnification of the images is
different, but in the second one, it seems the spacing between letters
is larger; I can't tell about font size. The spaces seem wider too.
Take a good look at all the font settings to make sure they're
identical. Could the font have changed?
Plese excuse my ignorance, but would't the introduction of harfbuzz be the most likely
cause of such changes? After all, that was a conmplete rewrite of the text layout engine, or?

Cheers, RalfD

___
http://wiki.scribu
JLuc
2018-07-06 08:41:46 UTC
Post by Ralf Mattes
Plese excuse my ignorance, but would't the introduction of harfbuzz be the most likely
cause of such changes? After all, that was a conmplete rewrite of the text layout engine, or?
It could be but untill now, the text engine rewrite has only introduced very little shifts
(shifts of line heigths AFAICT)

Here it's a quite big a difference.
The font look totaly different.
As if the characters style is not the same at all.

But maybe some specific fonts types have been badly managed
at a point during new text engine rewrite and early debuging ?

JL

___
http://forums.scribu
benedek
See also:
benedek
2018-07-06 09:17:51 UTC
The font is same, the document is same but I used the "PP -- Text
Properties -- Advanced Settings -- Glyph Extension" function.
The Scribus this setting is interpreted differently in the 22589, this
is the reason the apparent difference.