[scribus] Problem with aligning the page numbers in a column...
Thomas Hoy
2018-09-13 16:50:22 UTC
For some reason, I can't get these page numbers to align properly.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this ?
The numbers are right up against the edge of the text box, yet they are
somewhat crooked, and I can't get them to behave !
Any advice would be much appreciated. The page is attached as a pdf
(directly from the Scribus file).
For some reason, I can't get these page numbers to align properly.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this ?
The numbers are right up against the edge of the text box, yet they are
somewhat crooked, and I can't get them to behave !
Any advice would be much appreciated. The page is attached as a pdf
(directly from the Scribus file).
Hi Thomas,

It would help to know how you set this up.
I tried to set up something similar with the following method:

I created a Paragraph Style, then set a tab to represent the column of
page numbers. This should be a Right tab, and I made the fill character
a dot.

I then applied this to the text frame. There was some slight variation
in the right-hand side of the page numbers, but not as severe as in your
example. You might try changing the font and see if that makes a difference.

Greg

___
Scribus Mailing List: ***@lists.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
ZASKE Martin
2018-09-14 18:24:49 UTC
Good news,

my guess is that you have problems with the right-align-bug of Scribus.

It has to do with certain fonts, which have encoded the "CR" aka U+000D
while most fonts have "nothing" at this position. Both options are
legal, but Scribus is "doing something special" when right-aligning (by
tab or other function) text which contains C+000D.

My guess is that you are using Gentium but I do not see what version of
course. This is the good news: Gentium is made available by SIL and I
told SIL about this problem a few years ago. They have agreed to remove
their "glyph" at U+0001 for all future releases.

I personally did a test just now (like Greg) and it works just fine for
me, using Scribus 1.5.4 and Gentium basic 1.102 from 2013. I mean all
page numbers perfectly align, I tried one-digit up to four digit
page-numbers and long and short "chapter titles".

Every time I attach something, this mail-server is yelling at me. So
please believe me or let me know how to send you a screen-shot.

So all you might need is a fresh download of the font or a more recent
Scribus or to look at Greg's notes about setting up a style with the tab
(right-align).

hth

Martin
2018-09-14 23:51:43 UTC
Cool ! Thank you very much. Do I get a new font version on the Scribus site
?
Thanks again !
Marc
Post by Thomas Hoy
For some reason, I can't get these page numbers to align properly.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this ?
The numbers are right up against the edge of the text box, yet they are
somewhat crooked, and I can't get them to behave !
Any advice would be much appreciated. The page is attached as a pdf
(directly from the Scribus file).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20180913/b6fce565/attachment.pdf
Post by Thomas Hoy
___
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
__________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus __________
--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ
In cases when it's not possible to convince the vendor, you could also
use the Fontforge program. Load then font, delete the glyph and then
re-export the font (with different name). Then ensure that it get's
loaded (so the naming is important and a complete restart of Scribus
may be needed).

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/FontForge

BR
Jonas

Post by Thomas Hoy
For some reason, I can't get these page numbers to align properly.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this ?
The numbers are right up against the edge of the text box, yet
they are somewhat crooked, and I can't get them to behave !
Any advice would be much appreciated. The page is attached as a
pdf (directly from the Scribus file).
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20180913/b6fce565/attachment.pdf
Post by Thomas Hoy