[scribus] keyboard shortcuts
JLuc
2018-07-04 09:21:50 UTC
I have defined 2 keyboard shortcuts that are very handy for me :

- CTRL+SHIFT+I : display spaces, tabs and end of paragraphs
- CTRL+SHIFT+H : automatic hyphens selected text

What keyboard shortcuts have you defined ?

JLuc

___
Scribus Mailing List: ***@lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
See also:
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
JLuc
2018-07-05 07:52:55 UTC
Quite useful indeed! How did you do it?
See explainations here :
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Keyboard_Shortcuts_by_Function

JL
http://
ZASKE Martin
2018-07-09 22:10:21 UTC
I often set zoom > fit to width to something free, since I work on
several computers.

often I use CTRL+, (the comma on the num-block) because fit to height
is CTRL+0 right next to it

I normally use two screens for Scribus work, but most of our documents
are portrait-oriented, so fit-to-width is something like a fast-zoom-in
for me, and fit-to-height takes me back to the entire page if my screen
is in landscape-orientation.

Is this research for the next GUI JLuc, or for your personal curiosity,
or else?

Take care,

Martin
Post by JLuc
- CTRL+SHIFT+I : display spaces, tabs and end of paragraphs
- CTRL+SHIFT+H : automatic hyphens selected text
What keyboard shortcuts have you defined ?
JLuc
___
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
__________ Hinweis von ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Version der
Erkennungsroutine 17659 (20180704) __________
E-Mail wurde geprüft mit ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
http://www.eset.com
--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ

___
JLuc
2018-07-10 07:42:41 UTC
Post by ZASKE Martin
I often set zoom > fit to width to something free, since I work on
several computers.
often I use CTRL+, (the comma on the num-block) because fit to height
is CTRL+0 right next to it
I normally use two screens for Scribus work, but most of our documents
are portrait-oriented, so fit-to-width is something like a fast-zoom-in
for me, and fit-to-height takes me back to the entire page if my screen
is in landscape-orientation.
Is this research for the next GUI JLuc, or for your personal curiosity,
or else?
I ask because i learn a lot from other people's experience...
and i hope to improve the efficiency of my scribus use.

I merged your shortcuts in my shortcuts set.

Sharing these might also benefit other people.

And who knows, some of it could also feed the scribus default shortcut set.

JL

___
See
Ralf Mattes
2018-07-10 09:25:41 UTC
Post by JLuc
Post by ZASKE Martin
Is this research for the next GUI JLuc, or for your personal curiosity,
or else?
I ask because i learn a lot from other people's experience...
and i hope to improve the efficiency of my scribus use.
I merged your shortcuts in my shortcuts set.
Sharing these might also benefit other people.
And who knows, some of it could also feed the scribus default shortcut set.
O.k. - here are my custom shortcuts:

Ctr-2 for 'Fit to Width'
Fn-7 for 'Show Control Characters' (which ould be better named 'toggle show control characters')
Ctr-, for 'Preference' - even so I'm using Linux I got used to that from MacOS
Ctr-. for 'Document Setup' (I need to experiment with baseline grid settings often enough to have this
on a dedicated shortcut.

Cheers, RalfD
Post by JLuc
___
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
___
http://forums.scribus.net
JLuc
2018-07-11 09:33:30 UTC
Post by Ralf Mattes
Ctr-. for 'Document Setup' (I need to experiment with baseline grid settings often enough to have this
on a dedicated shortcut.
Interesting.
I rarely use baseline align
but having an easier way to access and change the setup
would be an incentive to explore it
and tweak such a setting to fit a specific document's needs.

JLuc
Post by Ralf Mattes
Cheers, RalfD
Post by JLuc