[scribus] can't unsubscribe
Matt Hixson
2018-09-04 15:35:35 UTC
Hi, I've tried clicking the link at the bottom of this list's emails and
unsubscribing from the webpage. I do not receive a confirmation email
asking me if I'd like to unsubscribe like the page says it has sent.
If there's an admin here would you please remove me from this list?
Thank you,
-Matt

___
Scribus Mailing List: ***@lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
See also:
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net
Rolf Angelsen
2018-09-07 06:33:15 UTC
I have the same experience. Not possible to unsubscribe and it need to be
fixed. Presently I am not using the awesome Scribus, but interesting as the
discussions are, I need to reduce the number of incoming mail. So please,
fix the unsubscribe issue and/or remove me too from this list.

Rolf

Den tir. 4. sep. 2018 kl. 17:36 skrev Matt Hixson <
Post by Matt Hixson
Hi, I've tried clicking the link at the bottom of this list's emails and
unsubscribing from the webpage. I do not receive a confirmation email
asking me if I'd like to unsubscribe like the page says it has sent.
If there's an admin here would you please remove me from this list?
Thank you,
-Matt
___
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.net

Rolf Angelsen - Stasjonsgata 15 - 3050 MJØNDALEN

Telefon: 32 87 57 59, Mobil: 481 81 547
See also:
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://
ale rimoldi
2018-09-07 07:26:57 UTC
hi rolf
Post by Rolf Angelsen
I have the same experience. Not possible to unsubscribe and it need
to be fixed. Presently I am not using the awesome Scribus, but
interesting as the discussions are, I need to reduce the number of
incoming mail. So please, fix the unsubscribe issue and/or remove me
too from this list.
i've tried to trigger an email confirmation in your name...
did you get it?

you might have to want to have a look at the emails that have been
marked as spam.

personally, i have hard time believing that the mailing list works
correctly, but the unsubscribing does not...
but, who knows? computae errare est...

ciao
a.l.e

___
http://forums.scribus.net
Rolf Angelsen
2018-09-07 21:37:54 UTC
I don´t think so, at least not in my inbox, and none mentioning "Scribus"
as I would expect. I checked the spam filter and I have lots of messages
asking me to confirm an unsubscribe. I wonder if spammers have invented a
new way of checking whether an email address is live or not. The timestamp
of the last unsubscribe message is 20 hours ago, which is 5 hours earlier
than my initial mail, and sent from ***@tnveok.tnveok.cisco.com

Rolf
Post by ale rimoldi
hi rolf
Post by Rolf Angelsen
[...]

You need to send the unsubscribe message from the same address you use
for the list.

___
http://forums.scribus.net
BuSte
2018-09-07 23:18:00 UTC
Post by Rolf Angelsen
I have the same experience. Not possible to unsubscribe and it need to be
fixed. Presently I am not using the awesome Scribus, but interesting as the
discussions are, I need to reduce the number of incoming mail. So please,
fix the unsubscribe issue and/or remove me too from this list.
hi Rolf and listers,
i did a test of an unsubscribe of my email at this list and it work
perfectly (I stoped the unsubscribe procedure at the last step).

What I did was:

1. clik on the unsubscibe link on the end of any email in this list
2. enter my email address in the field "Email address"
3. clic on "Unsubscribe" button
4. check of my mail box and immediately I received a unsubscribe email
confirmation, from scribus-***@lists.scribus.net
5. (not done) clik on the link for unsubscrib my email

Maybe somethings is wrong on your procedure?

S.

___