[scribus] =?utf-8?b?Pz09P3V0Zi04P3E/ID89PT91dGYtOD9xPyA/PSAgPz0g?= =?utf-8?q?Scripting_questi?=
Ralf Mattes
2018-06-28 20:23:55 UTC
I might be stupid or blind (or both) but nowhere on that page does it mention the location
of the git repository …
Thats because we don’t use git. We use SVN exclusively. What might be in the git repo is irrelevant for our uses.
Yes, but there isn't a link to the SVN repository on the above mentioned page either. How is a "newcommer" like I was
a few days ago supposed to find the "authorative" code repository? I would've expected a prominent link ond the
'Get Scribus' page, or at least a page 'Scribus Code Repository' in the wiki. You have to know that the Scribus
developers use SVN to search for that term in the wiki.

As a result I fixed a bug that was simultaneously fixed in the main repository. That's a huge waste of time
and there is a risk of not attracting new developers (which, imho is an important goal for OS projects).
thanks for the submitted bug!
Thank's to the developers for fixing it!

Cheers, RalfD
Craig
___
Scribus Mailing List: ***@lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
See also:
http://wiki.scribus.net
http://forums.scribus.ne
Ralf Mattes
2018-06-28 20:30:49 UTC
Post by Ralf Mattes
You have to know that the Scribus
developers use SVN to search for that term in the wiki.
And the first hit on the wiki search leads me to:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus-SVN-Versionen_mit_CMake_komplilieren

which clearly mention a SVN repository: svn://scribus.info/Scribus/ or, as a slower
alternative: http://scribus.info/svn/Scribus

None of these repos does exist ...

Cheers, RalfD

___