[scribus] ?==?utf-8?q? xtg fileimport
JLuc
2018-06-05 10:49:05 UTC
I'm currently testing the import of tagged text (xtg format) in Scribut 1.5.4.
No matter what encoding I declare in the xtg file all special characters in the import
end up as empty boxes in the target document (german umlaut characters end up as
two boxes, so it looks as if the importer assumes a single-byte encoding even so the
file declares utf-8 encoding _and_ I select 'utf-8' encoding in the imprt dialog).
are you sure these glyphs are part of the displayed font ?
Yes, german umlauts aren't that extraodrinary ;-)
Anyway - if I use ISO-8859-n encoded files the same glyphs show up (but that's
not a viable solution for my problem, I _do_ need some non-ISO encodable glyphs).
Also, those double/triple boxes correspond to the byte count of the utf-8 encoded
glyph so it really looks as if Scribus interprets single bytes ...
I dont understand the situation you describe, but hopefully somebody will.

JLuc

___
Scribus Mailing List: ***@lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe: